Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2004

What else requires stamina? Building your own homepage.

My homepage is currently being redesigned. I'd say it's around 60% finished. Alhamdulillah.

I didn't really expect that building a simple hompage would cost me many days of work: designing, preparing the layout, actual writing of the content, the uploading etc. Lots of work, I tell you.

I must say that I've gained a newly-found respect for webmasters and web designers. Sure, you have tools like Frontpage, Dreamweaver etc., but still you'll have to start somewhere. Beautiful-looking websites are a result of many years of experimenting and experience. Plus, keeping up with standards is part of the job. Web design itself is part science (organizing the logical structure), and part art (layout, color scheme).

I'll tell you when it's ready, Insya-Allah.

"It is wiser to find out than to suppose." -Mark Twain

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009 introspector. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan