Pages

Friday 24 June 2005

Back to school blues

Alhamdulilllah. My postgraduate application has been accepted.

In a few days insya-Allah, I'll be registering myself as a student again. Only this time, I've changed fields. From engineering, I've flown to management.

I just went the list of subjects that I'll taking and I saw some words and phrases that I haven't seen in a long time:

Accounting analysis.
Financial policies.
Organization policy.
Human resource.

Alamak. I have no background on any of these and I'm about to do postgrad studies.

During my upper secondary school years, I was in the commerce stream. My coursemates and I took Prinsip Akaun (accounting principles) and Perdagangan (commerce) alongside science stream subjecs like physics, chemistry and Matematik Tambahan (additional maths). Shortly after school, I obtained a certificate in accounting from MARA, hoping to get into accounting or something with accounting.

Instead, I got accepted into engineering, where accounting is not necessary.

8 years later, here I am, scouring the cupboards for accounting books. My accounting knowledge have since rusted like the Titanic.

I still have one week before the actual classes start, which is on the 4th of July. Until then, I would be spending time recalling what to debit and what to credit.

Do wish me all the best. I think I'm going to need them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009 introspector. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan