Pages

Thursday 10 August 2006

Memorising passwords

I used to use the Firefox browser password manager to store my usernames and passwords, mainly because I was too lazy to remember them. Then, as you already know if you've been around here awhile, my hard disk went kaput. I almost lost all of them.

(Luckily, there's a way to recover Firefox passwords by copying certain files, provided they're not damaged.)

I realised that I was too reliant on the password manager, and that I was not using a better password manager, my God-given gift of memory.

Before I recovered the lost passwords, I had to recall the passwords from memory. What I found out was the more I searched my memory, the better I felt. I felt better because I could really feel my mind working and that I tell you is a wonderful feeling. You'll realise that you're capable of remembering more things than you thought possible. The mind is powerfully designed by God to help us through life. I also realised that I don't need the password manager so much and I could do without it.

Now I have nearly everything with me 24/7, wherever I go. That's a major feature that 's hard for any man-made password manager to top.

(I'm taking this slowly, one password at a time. I'm still not good remembering numbers though.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009 introspector. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan