Pages

Friday 23 March 2007

Hataraku otoko (working man)

For the past several weeks, I've been working as a research assistant at my school. It's a temporary, part-time job, to help put together a paper for a development conference this June in Vienna. I'm not going, only my employer.

I'm also learning first hand the pros and cons of working from home and at one's own schedule. It's tougher than most people think. The key is discipline. (Something I badly need.)

I'm grateful to Allah for this opportunity. My employer is very flexible and understanding. In fact, when during the early weeks when I was absent because of flu, she blamed herself. Got it from her, she insisted. Rest and see you next week. My God (bless you).

All this sometimes makes me feel undeserving of the pay. Flexibility for the undisciplined can be like salt for a snail. Insya-Allah, I plan to do better from now on. Please pray for me, bro and sis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kenapa kau pakai tajuk jepun ni. Ko ambik kelas bahasa jepun ke :P

Buleh bgtau aku apa sebenarnya "help put together a paper" tu? ^_^

Anonymous said...

Takde la, tapi la sikit pengaruh dari cerita Hataraki Man. Hataraku Otoko adalah lagu dari cerita tu.

Put together a paper tu maksudnya tolong cari bahan dan kerja-kerja untuk sebuah kertas kerja yang lecturer aku akan bentangkan pada satu persidangan di Vienna nanti. Tajuknya berkaitan perkhidmatan awam dan sumber manusia. Beliau yang menulisnya, aku tukang tolong cari sumber dan bahan-bahan yang perlu.

IeNa said...

insya Allah you can make it :)

r.o.l. said...

Thanks, iena, all the best to you too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009 introspector. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan